FileMaker, the Apple subsidiary, today announced the immediate availability of FileMaker Mobile 7, a simplified companion version of FileMaker Pro 7 designed specifically for Palm OS and Pocket PC handheld devices so users can take their data on the road.
The mobile solution has now been updated for compatibility with the newly launched FileMaker Pro 7,
FileMaker Mobile 7 allows individuals and mobile workgroups to extend their FileMaker solutions from the desktop to handheld devices for applications as simple as lists to more complex solutions such as student testing, work orders, help-desk or patient records. FileMaker Mobile 7 also enables inventory tracking using selected Symbol Technologies bar code scanners. Users can transfer just the data they want to one or many handhelds from a single desktop. In addition to providing two-way synchronization, FileMaker Mobile 7 allows flexible data entry and viewing features.
The new features at a glance:
- Synchronizing multiple devices with the same desktop database.
- Synchronizing with runtime applications created with FileMaker
- Creating scripts in FileMaker Pro 7 to run before and/or after
synchronization with FileMaker Mobile 7 for integration with solutions.
- Synchronizing databases even though FileMaker Pro is not running on
- Allows for wide screen viewing on Dana by AlphaSamart
FileMaker Mobile 7 will cost £45 and is available now