Denon launches sub £130 DVD player
Denon has launched a cut-price DVD player- the DVD1710. The slim, compact DVD player that comes in black or silver incorporates technologies from further up the Denon range and has been designed to match both Denon's new 05 series Home Cinema receivers and the existing range.
The high-performance video DACs deliver Progressive Scan via the component output and make the DVD-1710 an ideally suited to Plasma and LCD screens.
The Denon DVD-1710 will be available from July priced at £129.99
- PAL Progressive Scan via Component Video outputs
improves the picture on appropriate displays
- RGB via the SCART output and S-Video output
delivers the best picture on standard TVs
- The latest 12-bit / 54MHz Video DACs for superb picture quality
- 24-bit / 192kHz Audio DACs give a wide
dynamic range and excellent s/n ratio.
- The audio circuit design is based on technology
from Denon Hi-fi, giving superior results from CD.
- Plays CDR/RW discs carrying MP3, WMA9 and MP3-VBR files,
- Family Photo Show capability with JPEG and Kodak Picture CD still photograph replay
- 12-bit / 54MHz high-end Video DACs
- High-quality Moulded Front Panel
- 24-bit / 192kHz High Resolution Audio D/A Converters
- 24/96 PCM Digital Output Capability
- DVD-R/RW +R/RW and CD-R/RW Playback
- MP3 & MP3 VBR/WMA/JPEG/KPCD Playback
- DTS, PCM and Dolby Digital datastream output
- VSS Virtual Surround
- Picture Zooming (x2 or x4)
- Aspect Ratio Function
- Icon-based On-Screen Displays
- Auto Power off
- 2 MB Buffer Memory ensures that both picture and sound
are played without interruption when the DVD disc shifts
from layer 1 to layer 2, or in the rare event of a pickup dropout.
- Playback Functions include Resume Play, for returning to the Pause position on the disc after the playback was restarted; Slow Play; Repeat Play (A-B, Chapter, Track, Disc); Random Play, and Program Play.