At the World Handset Forum in Amsterdam today, Orange is announcing the Windows Mobile-based SPV C500 Smartphone-the latest addition to Orange's Signature phone catalogue and the fifth Windows Mobile-based Smartphone to be launched in Orange's portfolio in Europe.
Weighing 100 grams and with frame measurements of 108mm x 46mm x 18mm, the C500 will effectively be the world's smallest Smartphone.
The SPV C500 will be commercially available in seven European countries- UK, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, Slovakia and Poland. Availability is expected through the summer. Pricing details will be available upon launch.
Additional device specifications:
- Targetted at the professional consumer
- Based on Windows Mobile 2003 2nd edition software, which allows increased OEM customization for smaller form factors and varying screen orientations
- Includes Pocket Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts), Pocket Internet Explorer (HTML v 4.0 and WAP v2.0), and Windows Media Player
- 65k TFT display
- Integrated one-click camera (VGA)
- Integrated hands-free speaker; polyphonic ringtones
- Bluetooth, infrared, USB, and external mini-SD slot
- Orange-customised applications and services (Orange Backup, Orange Update, other)