Sony has announced the launch of the new Sony Cyber-shot F88 camera, which features a rotating lens that is ideal for self-portraits. Sony has built on its innovative F-Series with the Cyber-shot F88, incorporating for the first time a rotating Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 3x optical zoom lens. The camera also offers 5.1 effective Megapixel CCD, a 1.8-inch LCD display and the ability to take up to 330 shots on one charge.
Sony also suggest that that the response time of the camera is extremely rapid, with a fast 1.2 sec. start-up time, reduced 0.01 sec. release time lag and quick 1.3 sec. shutter interval. In addition, the Cyber-shot F88 can capture a burst of nine shots when in the high quality Fine mode and is capable of providing up to a remarkable 100 image-burst when the camera is in VGA Mode.
Images can be saved to the supplied 32MB Sony Memory Stick™ and the optional Memory Stick PRO. Additionally the Cyber-shot F88 is equipped with a USB 2.0 hi-speed interface.
The Cyber-shot DSC-F88 will be available during July 2004.
- 5.1 effective Megapixels
- 3x Optical Zoom, 6x Precision Digital Zoom, 12x Smart Zoom (VGA)
- Rotating Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- F3.5-4.2, 38-114mm (35mm conversion)
- Approx. No. of shots/STAMINA time: 330 shots / 2hrs 45 min.* (NP-FR1)
- 1.8” LCD (134,000 dots)/Optical Viewfinder
- Manual Exposure Function
- Real Imaging Processor (for more accurate picture quality, faster response and an improvement in energy efficiency)
- MPEG Movie VX (Standard)
- USB 2.0 Hi Speed
- Conversion lens compatibility via adapter
- Scene Selection (10 modes)
- Burst Mode: 9x (Fine)
- Histogram Indication
- USB Direct Print (PictBridge**)
- Memory Stick / Memory Stick PRO compatible (32mb Memory Stick supplied)