Apple's next flagship smartphones, which might be called iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, are expected to debut this autumn, and so that means the rumour mill is already churning and spitting out bits of information about what the yet-to-be-confirmed devices might actually feature.
One of the latest examples comes from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. He is well-known for accurately reporting on Apple's upcoming product plans, and he has just issued a note to investors that details 11 of his predictions for the next iPhones. He expects, for instance, two versions in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sizes, and they'll likely enter mass production in mid-to-late August.
He also said there would be no new 4-inch model. Everybody has heard that Apple might be working on an iPhone 6S and maybe even an iPhone 6S Plus, but there have also been reports about Apple developing a next-generation budget iPhone called iPhone 6C. Such a phone might have a 4-inch display and would be considered the successor to iPhone 5C, but according to Kuo, it's not happening.
Here's a look at all the new stuff you can instead expect, according to Kuo...
Ming-Chi Kuo's Top 11 predictions
The next iPhones will likely sport or adhere to the following, though Apple hasn't confirmed anything yet:
- Force Touch (will bring more input methods and written signatures)
- 4.7 and 5.5-inch displays (will keep size and resolution as existing models)
- New Rose Gold case (so next iPhones will match the rose-gold Apple Watch)
- 12MP camera (will give next iPhones a camera pixel upgrade from 8MP)
- New microphone (will be near the speaker in order to enhance voice quality)
- A9 processor (new chip, will also come with 2GB LPDDR4 upgraded RAM)
- New casing materials and internal mechanical changes (to fix bending issues)
- Sapphire cover lens (for 5.5-inch model, if drop test issues are resolved)
- Touch ID update (the recognition rate will be improved for Apple Pay)
- Gesture control support
- Mass production will start in mid-to-late August
Want to know more?
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were launched last September, so this September will likely bring the launch of another iPhone or two. If you'd like to know more about the next iPhones, Pocket-lint has a round up with all you need to know.