Cyber Monday 2013: Best US deals and sales
Thanksgiving and Black Friday are behind you, so it is time to start browsing those Cyber Monday deals.
Cyber Monday is a marketing term in the US for the Monday after Thanksgiving, when major retailers offer promotional sales to encourage copious amounts of online shopping. The one-day event has recently become a week-long shopping spree, thanks to many deals going live during Thanksgiving week and extending well into December. Cyber Monday has grown in popularity too, spreading to the UK and other countries.
To help you get the most out of Cyber Monday and all the online holiday season sales, Pocket-lint has compiled the best deals, below. But it's not just any list. It is specifically for gadgets and tech. Now, go grab your credit cards (or find your PayPal password), then sit back in a comfy recliner with your internet-connected laptop, and get shopping!
Sounds a lot better than standing out in the cold in front of Walmart 'till 6 am, right?
Amazon.com has a Cyber Monday Deals Week hub, where it will feature all of its flash deals and Cyber Monday sales from midnight on 1 December. The company has recently provided a sneak peek at some of the savings though, which so far include:
- Samsung 46-inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV for $477.99 (£292)
- Samsung 46-inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV for $1,297.99 (£793)
- Roku HD streaming media player for $39.99 (£24)
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR (18-55 kit) for $399 (£178)
Update: Amazon has cut $50 off the Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch and the Kindle Fire HD 16GB
If you'd like more information about Amazon's Cyber Monday week-long sale, check out Amazon's Cyber Monday hub. The company said it would have deals for electronics, video games, DVDs, and more.
Walmart.com’s Cyber Monday week-long sale kicks off on 2 December. The deals include:
- LG 55-inch 3D LED TV with Soundbar Bundle for $799 (£488)
- Samsung 46-inch LED TV for $478 (£22)
- Doublepower 7-inch Tablet for $59 (£36)
- HP Sleekbook Ruby Red 14-inch Pavilion Laptop PC for $295 (£180)
- PlayStation 4 bundle with Dualshock 4 controller and game for $517 (£316)
- Xbox One bundle with choice of a game or accessory for $559 (£342)
- Wii U Holiday Bundle for $324 (£198). It includes 32GB system, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, a choice of a game and a choice between additional controllers.
- 2DS bundle including Paper Mario: Stick Star and a choice of accessory for $119 (£72)
- 3DS XL Mario Dream Team Bundle with a choice of two games for $199 (£121)
Check out Walmart's Cyber Monday page for a deeper look at all the available savings.
Sam's Club today will extend holiday savings a week beyond Cyber Monday with free shipping in the US on hundreds of products from 30 November until 8 December. Cyber Week deals at SamsClub.com include:
- Vizio 70-inch LED Smart TV for $1,298 (£793)
- Apple iTunes $100 Gift Card Multipack for $79.88 (£49)
- Canon PowerShot SX170 IS Bundle with 16X Optical Zoom, Camera Case and 8GB SD Card for $149.88 (£92)
- Samsung Blu-Ray Home Theater System for $448 (£274)
- Nikon D3200 DSLR 2 Lens Camera Bundle with 16GB Memory Card and Carrying Case for $599 (£366)
Target.com's Cyber Monday sale kicks off on 1 December and lasts an entire week (like many other retail chains). Some of the company's more notable deals include:
- Pentax Q10 camera for $249.99 (£153)
- Polaroid Action Cam for $89.99 (£55)
- Samsung GS3 Mini Unlocked Phone for $239.99 (£147)
- Canon DSLR EOS 60D bundle camera for $899.99 (£550)
- 47-inch LG 1080p HDTV for $469.99 (£287)
- Polaroid 7-inch digital photo frame for $39.99 (£24)
Target has a Cyber Week Peek page already live, if you're interested in scoping out all the other deals.
Steam's Cyber Monday deals are also a part of its Black Friday deals, and a few of the more notable discounts are below:
- Terraria for $2.49 (£1)
- Sleeping Dogs for $4.99 (£3)
- Outlast for $6.79 (£4)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for $7.49 (£5)
- Left 4 Dead 2 for $4.99 (£3)
- Antichamber for $4.99 (£3)
- Rogue Legacy for $5.09 (£3)
- The Walking Dead for $6.24 (£4)
- Prison Architect for $14.99 (£9)
Steam also has flash sales, with each deal lasting just eight hours. Head over to Steam's Autumn Sale 2013 page for a look at everything currently on sale.
Motorola offers the Moto X off-contract at a huge discount. Specifically, it will cut $150 (£91) off the price. That means the 16GB model will cost $349.99. This Cyber Monday discount applies to all carriers, as well as both the 16GB and 32GB models. A special Developer Edition will also be available on Motorola's website, though supplies will be limited. Check out Motorola's announcement on Google+ for more details.
MacMall.com's Cyber Monday sale ends on 2 December. There are tonnes of deals on MacBook Pros, iPads, Mac Minis, and practically everything else Apple-branded. There are also savings for non-Apple products Bekin NetCams and WD hard drives. A 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display costs $1,149.99 (£702) with free overnight shipping, for instance. Check out MacMall's Cyber Monday page for a look at all the deals.
Google is offering a bunch of deals as part of its "Cyber Weekend". A lot of music is going for $1.99 (£1), while bestselling books are now 75 per cent off. There are also discounts on TV seasons and movies. You can even buy the Nexus 7 now and get a $25 (£15) Google Play credit. Check out Google's Cyber Weekend hub for a closer look at all the deals.
Staples has a slew of electronics marked down for Cyber Monday. Check out the retailer's promotional homepage for a complete list of everything on sale, but we've noted a few of the more interesting ones below.
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet 16GB for $199 (£122)
- Toshiba L55-A5385 15 -inch Laptop for $449 (£275)
- HP Pavilion 15-N046US 15-inch Touch Screen Laptop for $599 (£366)
- Microsoft Surface RT, 32GB Tablet for $349 (£213)
- AT&T HTC One Silver for $49.99 *requires two-year agreement (£30)
Barnes and Noble
Barnes and Noble is offering the Nook Simple Touch GlowLight for $49 (£30) and the Nook Simple Touch for $39 (£24). There's also a 50 per cent discount on many books and book box sets, while ebook price tags have been slashed from 60 to 80 per cent. The retailer further slapped a $4.99 (£3) price on every Volume 1 entry in DC Comics' New 52 series. You'll even find sales on DVDs, Blu-rays, games, magazine subscriptions, and more. Lastly, Barnes and Noble is offering 25 percent off any item that isn't digital or on sale.
Pebble has extended its Black Friday deal over the Thanksgiving weekend to Cyber Monday, giving US buyers $20 (£18) off smartwatches purchased on its website.
Lytro has cut the price of many of its light field cameras for Cyber Monday, offering the 8GB model in one of five colors (red, blue, pink, graphite, and seaglass) for $199 (£121).
BestBuy.com's Cyber Monday deals and doorbuster sales will go live on 1 December at midnight. The company says you will see savings on select laptops, desktops, all-in-one computers, HDTVs, Blu-ray players, digital cameras, mobile phones, video games, small appliances, health and fitness gear, music, movies, and more. More information is available on Best Buy's Cyber Monday page.
Update: Best Buy's deals are now available. One of the more notable price cuts include the ability to save $200 (£122) on the Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display with 13.3-inch Display. You can also get the Nintendo 3DS XL Luigi Limited Edition with Mario & Luigi Dream Team for $179.99 (£110) or the LG G2 Cell Phone free of charge (with a two-year agreement), among many other deals.
GameStop.com's Cyber Monday deals will go live on 2 December. The company promised to have sales on your favourite Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games. Sign up here to be notified by email as soon as the Game Stop 2013 Cyber Monday ad goes live.
Update: GameStop's deals are now available. Most of the sales are for games, including low prices for some of the year’s best. There's also some discounts for tablets and accessories.
- Battlefield 4 (Multi) for $39.99 (£25)
- WWE 2K14 (Multi) for $39.99 (£25)
- BioShock Infinite (Multi) for $19.99 (£12)
- Skylanders SWAP Force: GameStop Exclusive Dark Edition Starter Pack (Wii) for $79.99 (£49)
- Saints Row 4: Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition (Multi) for $69.99 (£43)
- PS3 Grand Theft Auto 5 Pulse Elite Headset for $139.99 (£85)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for $169.99 (£104)
Kmart.com's Cyber Monday deals will go live on 1 December at 12 am and will last until 3 December at 12 pm CST. You can sign up to receive email notices about Kmart's offers on the company's Cyber Monday page.
Update: Kmart's deals are now live. One of the best discounts is the Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop PC 1.9GHz Processor 15.6-inch display for $449.99 (£275). Check out Kmart's Cyber Monday electronics page for more sales.
NewEgg has a ton of electronics and gadgets on sale this year. You can get a Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz 15.6-inch Windows 8 notebook for $429.99 (£262), LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet with 8.3-inch full HD display for $279.99 (£171), etc. There are over 120 pages of deals. Check them all out at NewEgg's Cyber Monday hub.
Microsoft is offering many discounts on Cyber Monday, including deals on two Xbox One bundles. Here's a list of some sales:
- Xbox One Day One Complete Bundle for $699.95 (£427)
- Xbox One Day One Ultimate Bundle for $799.95 (£488)
- Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect for $249.99 (£152)
- Xbox 360 250GB with Halo 4, Tomb Raider, and one month of Xbox Live Gold for $249.99 (£152)
- Xbox Live Gold three-month membership for $14.99 (£9)
There are deals for laptops, smartphones and more, as well. Here's a list of some sales:
- Laptops HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 for $499 (£304)
- Samsung ATIV Book 5 for $549 (£335)
- Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite for $699 (£427)
- Surface Surface Pro for $649 (£397)
- Surface bundle including Pro or Pro 2, Type Cover 2, and Touch Cover for (starting at) $878.99 (£537)
- AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 (with free off-contract Lumia 520, $50 gift card, and Halo Spartan Assault) for $199 (£121)
A host of Xbox 360 games have also been discounted. Check out Microsoft's Holiday store for a roundup of everything.
- Starting on Cyber Monday, a limited-edition, silver-colored Nintendo 3DS XL system is available. The system comes pre-installed with the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team game, and it costs just $199.99 (£121). (Note: Best Buy has this same unit for $179.99)
- Jawbone is cutting $50 (£30) off its Big Jambox and Jambox Bluetooth speakers.
- AT&T is offering the HTC One, Moto X and Samsung Galaxy Note II free of charge (with an agreement), and it's slashing 50 per cent off the ASUS' 10-inch MeMo Pad and Samsung's Galaxy Note 8.0 and Galaxy Tab 2.
- Sprint is offering the LG G2 and Samsung's Galaxy S4 Mini free of charge (with an agreement), while the Moto X is just $50 (£30).
- Virgin Mobile has the HTC Desire for $179.99 (£110).
- T-Mobile has many phones on sale with $0 up front. This includes Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and more.
- Zagg: 60 per cent off everything (20 per cent on keyboards)
- Logitech: Up to 60 per cent off accessories
- Belkin: Save 30 percent off entire order (Promo Code: CYBERMONDAY)
(Note: This list is developing. We will add more deals as they are announced or discovered.)