Google has announced that, in 2011, there were more than 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) playbacks on YouTube. That works out at roughly 140 for every person on earth.
If that doesn't blow your mind then perhaps the news that, excluding major record label music videos, Rebecca Black's Friday was the most watched video will. Why? Just why?
"To compile these lists, we looked at global view counts of popular videos uploaded throughout this year, and, in some instances, we aggregated views across multiple versions of the same video," said Kevin Allocca, YouTube trends manager.
"2011 was a year of amazing new channels and new stars being discovered, awesome creativity, and of course, Rebecca Black. It was also a year of powerful news stories playing out on YouTube, as people witnessed and documented uprisings and natural disasters, touching personal moments and moments of protest."
None of those historical significant videos made the top 10 most viewed chart though, the list is dominated by cats, dogs and babies. And Michael Bolton.
Check out the list for yourself, Ultimate Dog Tease was also the UK's most watched YouTube video for 2011....
Most viewed YouTube videos globally (excluding videos from major music labels)
- Rebecca Black - Friday (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
- Ultimate Dog Tease
- Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton)
- Talking Twin Babies - PART 2 - OFFICIAL VIDEO
- Nyan Cat [original]
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes (Cover by @KarminMusic)
- The Creep (feat. Nicki Minaj & John Waters)
- Maria Aragon - Born This Way (Cover) by Lady Gaga
- The Force: Volkswagen Commercial
- Cat mom hugs baby kitten