iOS 4.3 live and ready for download
No, you haven't been asleep for longer than you expected, Apple has, on Wednesday night (that's the 9 March for those double checking), pushed out the new iOS 4.3 software update for its iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.
The new iOS 4.3 update brings with it a number of new features, including better AirPlay support and the ability to turn your Apple device into a wireless hotspot.
It also boasts several improvements, including the following:
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth and 1 USB).
iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2).
New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app, including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV.
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV.
HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display.
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests.
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen.
- Parental controls.
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert.
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects.
Single tap conference call dialling with a pause to send a passcode.
You can start downloading the new update by plugging your Apple iDevice into your computer and powering up iTunes (10.2.1).
Let us know how you get on.