The Twitter app for iPad and iPhone has been updated to include a raft of improvements and minor fixes. While universal, the application does appear differently on each device, and one of the main changes affects the iPhone only.
Quick Bar is a new feature designed to let you see developing trends at the top of your timeline. Swiping left of right will bring up additional trends.
Other improvements (for both versions) have been made to photo uploading, making it easier, and a camera button has been added to the toolbar, location-based trends, automatic URL shortening, and an ability to find friends via your phone's contact list.
Speaking on its blog, Twitter said, "Twitter for iPhone is already the third-most popular way to access Twitter (after Twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com) and our official iPad app is the top way for people to connect with Twitter on Apple’s tablet. Today, we introduced a handful of new features that make them even better."
And as it's a completely free download, you might as well check it out if you haven't got it already.
Here are those changes in full...
- Quick Bar, shows trends and other important things without leaving your timeline! Swipe the Quick Bar left/right to cycle through trends
- Trends based on your location
- Cleaner, redesigned Tweet compose screen.
- Automatically shortens URLs. Just paste them in and they will only count as 20 characters, no matter how long they are!
- Autocomplete @usernames and hashtags
- Easier photo uploading
- Find friends using your phone's contacts
- Improved DM conversation view, now works similar to SMS/Chat
- Cleaned up preferences
- Bug fixes