Samsung Galaxy S II: £549 coming 4 March, says retailer
A UK retailer appears not to have received the memo about the launch details of the Samsung Galaxy S II (i9100) because it’s gone live with what it is claiming are all the details about the new phone - expected to be launched at MWC in Barcelona on Sunday - including a SIM-free price.
If the shop, Mobilefun.co.uk, is to be believed, the specs of the new smartphone from Samsung will be a monster.
Its core specs are listed as featuring:
- Powerful dual-core 1.2GHz Samsung Orion processor.
- Ultra sharp 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0.
- NFC technology for contactless payments and more.
- 1GB RAM lets you multitask with ease.
- Comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording, with 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calls.
The retailer has even gone as far as detailing when the phone will be available - on 4 March - and that it will cost £549 without SIM.
All eyes will now be on Samsung's press event on Sunday night to see if all these specs are true. Let’s hope so.
UPDATE: Samsunghub has managed to find a better higher-res image of what is supposedly the Samsung Galaxy S II - it's certainly different in design to the placeholder that Mobilefun.co.uk is using, however we suspect the specs are correct even if the website's first stab at the image isn't.
Don't miss out on the action - you can keep up to date with all the latest news from the show at our dedicated MWC 2011 page.