Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for Xboxers
The first downloadable content for, arguably the game of 2011, Call of Duty: Black Ops, has landed on Xbox LIVE, bringing new multiplayer content to the FPS title.
The DLC was revealed by Mr Xbox LIVE himself, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, just before Christmas, and Activision has confirmed the content has now gone live.
Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike adds five "all new action-packed maps that span the globe". These are:
- Berlin Wall, A new map surrounding the iconic barrier, gives players access to both sides of Cold War Berlin.
- Stadium: Which delivers plenty of fast-paced, close-quarters combat set in the backdrop of a sports complex.
- Discovery: Which is an abandoned German outpost set along the coast of Antarctica.
- Kowloon: Which spans the tiered levels of high-rises and rooftops of Kowloon City, Hong Kong.
- Ascension: That pits players against hoards of vicious, perk-stealing zombie monkeys, flesh-eating Soviet zombies and more, in a trap-filled, Cold War era cosmodrome.
"Our fans mean everything to us," said Mark Lamia, studio head at Treyarch. "So we are thrilled to be able to provide the Black Ops community with exciting new gameplay that will extend their multiplayer and Zombie experiences.
"The team has given it their all, as we crafted the maps in First Strike while taking into account our community to make sure that this content delivers compelling and unique experiences that will appeal to all different play styles."
Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike DLC is out now on Xbox LIVE and will set you back 1,200 Microsoft Points.