O2 has gone live with a Windows Phone 7 intro page, ahead of the big worldwide launch.
And whilst the web page doesn't specifically name any WP7 handsets (unlike LG's somewhat naughty post) it does give us a nice insight as to what to expect from the platform.
The official blurb states:
"Windows Phone 7 is designed to bring together all the things you care about most. Windows Phone 7 organizes content in information hubs, which you can access quicker and easier with a single touch."
And, the key features are listed as:
- Quickly see everything you care about by personalizing your Start screen with live tiles.
- Gaming on-the-go with Xbox LIVE, meaning you can compete from virtually anywhere.
- Play movies, TV shows and music quickly and easily. Stream all of your favourite songs and videos through Zune.
- The only phone with Microsoft Office Mobile built in. Send, receive and edit documents, and upload to Sharepoint remotely while you're away from your desk.
- Manage both work and personal email and calendars with ease.
- Get a smooth web experience on-the-go with Internet Explorer.
- Losing your phone just got harder. Track it online with Find My Phone.
- Keep email, calendar and contacts all in sync from phone to PC to the web.
- Stream online photos to your phone and share online automatically. With one touch upload, with a single click you can upload a photo onto Facebook and other social networking sites.
So what Window Phone 7 devices do we expect to see landing on O2?
All is expected to be revealed later on today, but if Pocket-lint was to take a punt then we'd guess that the network could be home to the HD7 (aka the Schubert).
Be sure to check Pocket-lint throughout the day as we'll be bringing you all the WP7 news live, and we'll also be in attendance at the London launch event.
In the meantime check out Windows Phone 7 - the story so far...