Apple iTunes 10.0.1 brings more Ping to the party
The new update now features a Ping sidebar, similar to that of the Genius offering, and the ability to "like" music a lot easier.
"iTunes 10.0.1 makes it easier to share your favorite music with your friends on Ping", says Apple. "You can now Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library. You can also easily see the recent activity of a selected artist in your library, or of all artists and friends you follow on Ping using the new Ping Sidebar".
As well as the new Ping music features, the release also promises to provide a number of important bug fixes, including:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
Users are recommended to download the new version which should automatically prompt you next time you turn on iTunes.
The download weighs in at 86.4MB.