RIM has updated its answer to the App Store with version 2.0 of the BlackBerry App World, which is now up and running.
The updated service has several improvements including:
- New Payment Option: Meaning that you can now use your credit card as well as PayPal to pay for your apps. Also, networks may also now give you the option to add the cost of apps to your bill.
- Easier Application Discovery: Including best selling charts for apps and themes and lists of most used free apps as well as new apps and updated apps.
- QR barcode scanning support: Which lets you scan a QR code for an app to find it quickly.
- BlackBerry ID: A new user identification system based on your device whereby you can simply enter your password to access your apps personal library through the My World folder. If you want your ID you can also keep a secure record of the your billing info.
- Cheaper Apps: RIM has dropped the minimum price so you could grab yourself a bargain.
BlackBerry App World 2.0 is available now.