Panasonic has released a firmware update for the Lumix DMC-G1.
Version 1.2 introduces a number of improvements, including performance improvements in Auto White Balance and colour reproduction and the introduction of file write back from PC to camera for European models of the camera.
The flash operation reliability in low temperature environments has also been improved.
In case you missed or did not apply the previous Panasonic G1 firmware update, you will get these improvements from version 1.1:
• Makes it possible to check the exposure with Live View during the AE lock.
• Makes it possible to continuously display the enlarged screen of the MF assist.
• Added "colour adjustment function" for the LCD monitor/View finder.
• Added "Red-eye reduction forced flash on" to the flash setting for the [PARTY].
• Improved the performance of AE(Auto Exposure) and AWB(Auto White Balance).
• Improved the accuracy of flash control.
• Improved the noise reduction during high sensitivity photo shooting.
To download the update and for full details on how to install it, head over to the Panasonic website.