Polls

Latest

Guitar Hero voted best game to play with mates

Guitar Hero voted best game to play with mates

By 29 April 2010

UK Takeaway food portal Just-Eat.co.uk has discovered that strum-em-up Guitar Hero was the most popular game to play with friends. Out of 1,737 Brits polled, 56 per cent of them said they enjoy a spot of placky-rock posing with their chums. SingStar came... >>

Internet access is a right, poll claims

Internet access is a right, poll claims

By 8 March 2010

A poll of more than 27,000 people across 26 countries has revealed that 79% of people consider internet access to be a "fundamental right". The survey, conducted by GlobeScan on behalf of the BBC, found agreement with the UN's mission for universal web... >>

65% of Pocket-lint readers text on the loo

65% of Pocket-lint readers text on the loo

By 5 February 2010

The disgusting results of the most recent Pocket-lint survey are out. We posed the question: "Do you check emails, Twitter or surf the Internet in the loo?" - turns out that 65% of you are perfectly happy to admit your sick habit. The other 35% of you... >>

Nearly half of Brits would only spend £250 on Apple iTablet

Nearly half of Brits would only spend £250 on Apple iTablet

By 25 January 2010

It seems Apple might have difficulty in shifting a high-priced tablet device in any great numbers if consumer polls carried out in both the UK and US, revealed on the eve of what's expected to be the iTablet unveiling, are anything to go by. Here in the... >>

67% of Pocket-lint readers say £55 "too much" for games

67% of Pocket-lint readers say £55 "too much" for games

By 31 July 2009

Pocket-lint readers have slammed Activision for the pricing on its forthcoming military shooter Modern Warfare 2. The company has said that it'll be on sale for £55, but 67% of users we polled thought that this was "too much". Activision attempts to... >>

COMMENT: Facebook's policy on Holocaust denial is wrong

COMMENT: Facebook's policy on Holocaust denial is wrong

By 15 May 2009

Should Facebook automatically delete all Holocaust denial groups? That's the question we asked Pocket-lint readers this week, after a storm erupted over Facebook refusing to cave to a Dallas attorney who's demanding that Holocaust denial pages be removed.... >>

94% give new Facebook layout thumbs down

94% give new Facebook layout thumbs down

By 20 March 2009

Facebook's most recent changes are proving unpopular with users. The site recently reworked its user's homepages in order to make the site more "real-time", said by some to be in an effort to counter Twitter's meteoric popularity rise. Although Facebook... >>

"Are we dancer" voted silly song lyric

"Are we dancer" voted silly song lyric

By 17 December 2008

The Killers hit song "Human" has one of the worst song lyrics of all time. Well, that's according to users of Orange's music service. Over half of music fans aren't convinced by the band's reworking of the Hunter. S. Thompson quote, "we’re raising a... >>

Pocket-lint readers don't want voice search

Pocket-lint readers don't want voice search

By 24 November 2008

It seems Pocket-lint readers see voice-enabled search functions a feature too far. Both Google and Yahoo have recently launched voice-activated search, Google for iPhone, and Yahoo with its oneSearch mobile app. But, in our latest reader poll we asked... >>

Xbox 360 price cuts now in effect

Xbox 360 price cuts now in effect

By 19 September 2008

Microsoft's new lower prices for its Xbox 360 family of consoles in Europe have gone into effect today. With a new low entry-level price of £129.99, we were interested to know if this would tip Pocket-lint readers into taking the Xbox plunge. In our... >>