Mobile broadband

Latest

4G speed testing - Britain doing surprisingly well for mobile broadband

4G speed testing - Britain doing surprisingly well for mobile broadband

By 27 September 2013

Mobile coverage is the cause of a lot of arguments. From couples moaning at each other for not answering the phone, to a lack of internet access in locations in which you spend a lot of time. But, the big problem is, you never know until it's too late... >>

Three WebCube
4.5 out of 5

Three WebCube

By 27 July 2012

"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone," sang Joni Mitchell, and while the things she was singing about where certainly more socially important, when you move house, you find yourself humming her 1970 hit when you discover you're without internet... >>

Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R205
4 out of 5

Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R205

By 25 April 2012

Vodafone has released a new mobile Wi-Fi dongle for those that like to stay connected on the go, but does it improve the experience over the previous model, and should you bother? Design If the Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R205 looks familiar, that's because... >>

8 in 10 who use internet on the go want 4G ASAP

8 in 10 who use internet on the go want 4G ASAP

By 18 April 2012

More than 8 in 10 people who use the internet on the go want 4G to be rolled out in the UK as soon as possible, according to a new survey by YouGov and Everything Everywhere. The survey, which questioned 2,035 people online, indicated that of those savvy... >>

Everything Everywhere 4G trial summer loving

Everything Everywhere 4G trial summer loving

By 25 January 2012

Ofcom recently revised its plans for dealing with the 4G spectrum, announcing its aims to bring coverage to at least 98 per cent of the population. At the moment though, there's just a handful of people in the country with access to the LTE fun; a 1,000... >>

UK 4G network not complete until 2015

UK 4G network not complete until 2015

By 12 December 2011

Looking forward to widespread 4G fun and quick mobile browsing on your smartphone or tablet? Well, don't get too excited because, despite the likes of O2 already testing its LTE network, we're not going to have widespread availability in the UK until... >>

Three ZTE MF10 Dongle Adapter plugs in for mobile data

Three ZTE MF10 Dongle Adapter plugs in for mobile data

By 1 November 2011

The message from Three is clear - it already records 97 per cent of its network traffic as data but it wants more. And to help it achieve its aims it has announced the ZTE MF10 Dongle Adapter, a device which takes a regular USB Wi-Fi dongle and turns... >>

Three: 97 per cent of all traffic is data

Three: 97 per cent of all traffic is data

By 1 November 2011

Mobile carrier Three has revealed that a staggering 97 per cent of all traffic on its network is data - leaving only 3 per cent for calls and texts. With the tablet revolution in full swing, mobile broadband becoming the norm and smartphones more common... >>

Three extends unlimited data to all contracts

Three extends unlimited data to all contracts

By 27 September 2011

No, no - no, no, no, no - no, no, no, no - no, no, there's no limit. Ahh, Three Unlimited - one of Pocket-lint's favourite Eurodance/Hi-NRG acts from back in the day, or something like that. And a perfect intro for a story about Three extending its unlimited... >>

UK 4G network landing in September

UK 4G network landing in September

By 25 May 2011

Big news - the UK's first live 4G network will begin broadcasting in September. Bad news - it's just a trial for a couple of hundred people in the St Newlyn East area of South Newquay, Cornwall. But still, it's a start eh? Rome wasn't built in a day.... >>